Invitation from the Conference Co-Chairs
Come join the broad community of geo-professionals working on earthquake engineering and soil dynamics problems at GEESD V in Austin, Texas on June 10-13, 2018. This conference will include a wide range of topics for researchers and practitioners in geotechnical earthquake engineering. The technical material covered in the conference will be diverse, including case histories and practice-oriented papers, recent research findings, innovative technologies and reviews of the state of the art across many of the disciplines in geotechnical earthquake engineering. Professional engineers, researchers, specialty contractors, regulators, educators, and students will interact across a broad range of keynote and theme lectures, technical sessions, short courses, workshops, and discussions.
GEESD V is the fifth decennial Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering and Soil Dynamics Conference organized by the Earthquake Engineering and Soil Dynamics Committee of the Geo-Institute. GEESD V carries on the highly successful tradition of GEESD conferences in Sacramento, California (2008), Seattle, Washington (1998), Park City, Utah (1988), and Pasadena, California (1978).
This exciting GEESD V has been made possible by the hard work and dedication of many individuals, including all the conference program committee members, authors, paper reviewers, and G-I/ASCE staff. It’s been a great community effort, and everyone involved is looking forward to seeing you in Austin.
Top Reasons to Attend
GEESD V will provide you with new insights through case histories and practice-oriented papers, recent research findings, innovative technologies, and the emerging arts from across the many disciplines involved earthquake engineering and soil dynamics. You will:
- Learn from top leaders in the industry through special plenary sessions, panels, and sessions
- Network with your colleagues from around the world
- Visit exhibitors to find the latest tools, techniques, e-programs, etc. related to earthquake engineering
- Earn Professional Development Hours (PDHs) to maintain your professional licensure while gaining relevant focused knowledge
- Last but not least, experience Austin: the history and culture, special events, unique restaurants, outdoor fun, nightlife, and music. Austin is the Live Music Capital of the World!